My fashion inspiration : 60's and 70's groupies

0 Comments

For my first post I decided to talk about my main fashion/life/ inspiration : groupies !
I've always been a music lover. Music always had a influence in my life and basically everything I do has something to do with music. I've always been worshipping bands and musiciens, I've always wanted to be part of the music world.  I discovered the whole groupie thing a few years ago with a documentary on Arte (aka the best channel everrr) about groupies starring Pamela Des Barres and Cynthia Plaster Caster , I was fascinated about their stories and also I had finally found people who felt the same about music and their styles totally matched mine.



They basically created the trend  from the 60s and the 70s that we are loving nowadays. They wore whatever they wanted and they didn't care if it didn't perfectly match, they mixed fabrics and colours and and the finish look was always perfect. They wanted to be noticed by the musiciens so they had to be original and to distinguish themselves from the others girls ! 

I've always been a 70s and 60s lover and their style is just a perfect representation of these era for me : extravagant, crazy but elegant and sexy at the same time.
They wore short skirt, high platform heels, lot of velvet outfits, fringes, lace crop top, amazing coats with fur, cool hat and sunglasses... Everything I love ! 
They are groupies for different era. 60's groupies (Pamela Des Barres, The GTO's, Catherine James...)  were more hippy while 70's groupies (Sable Starr, Lori Maddox, the baby groupies in general...) were more into glam rock outfits. I'll make specific posts about these 2 eras later :)



Here some of my favorite look :


Pamela Des Barres and The GTO'S : funny coat, crazy make-up, feather boa, lace top...  Perfect 60's style !

Sable Starr : mini short, high heels and funny top !

Baby groupies : crop top, mini skirt, scarf and high heels of course !


Sable Starr and Lori Modox : I've always fancied that fur coat !





You may also like

Aucun commentaire: